It’s possible that you have a sluggish internet connection for several different reasons, and it’s not always easy to speed up the connection on your desktop computer or laptop. However, there are still a great many methods available to enhance the speed of your connection. In this post, we will show you different ways to enhance internet speed so that you may experience buffer-free streaming and downloads that are lightning fast.
1. Bring your computer closer to your router or bring your router to a location where it is closer to your PC. Your internet connection may be sped up simply and effectively by moving closer to the router it is connected to. Your internet speed will decrease according to the distance between your desktop computer or laptop and the Wi-Fi router. If you feel like your computer needs repairs, contact computer repairs cairns
If you want to stream your favourite shows, you don’t have to position your computer right next to your router, although it is recommended that you move it as near as possible. Check to see that there are not any strong walls, particularly concrete walls, in the path between your device and your router. Not all routers are alike; some of them have good signal strength while others don’t.
2. Exit any superfluous apps and programmes running in the background. If your internet connection is slow on your desktop computer or laptop, but it works fine on your smartphone or another gadget, then superfluous background apps may be taking up too much of your bandwidth and slowing down your connection. Your connection speeds may improve if you terminate these background programmes and close any applications that are not being utilised.
3. Delete all of your internet history and the cache from your browser. If a website has an excessive amount of cache data, it might not load at all, it could load partly, or it might load very slowly. Delete the cookies and cache from your browser, and remove any files that may be causing interference.
4. Perform software updates on your computer, particularly for your network drivers and your router’s firmware. Your electronic gadgets rely on drivers and firmware to provide power and ensure that they function properly. Sadly, the standard firmware programmes that come pre-installed on routers, as well as the drivers that come with your Wi-Fi and Network adapters, are rarely error-free or optimized. It is recommended that you check for any available application or driver updates in order to fix any faults and enhance performance.
5. Give your router a restart. It’s possible that rebooting your router can address the problem of poor internet speeds; I do this around once every three months or so. It’s possible that a cache problem or a fault in the router’s software is to blame for its sluggish performance. However, there are instances when my internet connection suddenly becomes sluggish for no apparent reason.
No matter what the issue is, shutting off the router and then turning it back on again is a simple and quick technique to assist in boosting the speed of my internet connection. The effectiveness of this strategy is somewhat remarkable.